Quotes from our members
“To serve the community in which I live”
“ I wanted to give something back to my community”
“To help the less fortunate”
“To make my community a better place to live”
“To help with projects in the community and to help make my community a better place to live”
“The work that Lions do in the community”
There are 5 gifts that we receive from volunteering.
* Friendship: Joining with like-minded people we meet and work with on projects and activities in trying to help the community.
* Knowledge: Knowing that what we do matters to ourselves, our friends, and our community.
* Character: Learning that what we do not only helps our community but helps us become better people and better citizens in our community.
* Purpose: Having a reason for being. To be able to help others without thought of a return to us for our efforts. Thank you is more than sufficient.
* Pride and Accomplishment: Taking pride in our efforts and getting that feeling of accomplishment when we see the results of a job well done or at least the effort to try to improve the lives of others in our community whether it be local, regional or globally.